4. Landlord Portal
What is the Landlord Portal?
The Universal Credit Landlord Portal allows social rented sector landlords to verify rent and submit managed payment requests online, rather than by email.
Through it, social rented sector landlords can:
- verify tenants’ housing costs
- request a Managed Payment to Landlord (MPTL)
- request a deduction for rent arrears
- request a more frequent payment to tenants
Who can use the Landlord Portal?
The Landlord Portal is currently only available for tenants making a new Universal Credit claim, or existing claims when a tenant has a change of circumstances that requires a rent verification. It is not available for private rented sector landlords.
To use the Landlord Portal you must:
- be on DWP’s Trusted Partner Scheme
- be a registered social rented sector landlord
- have general needs properties as part of your housing stock (this does not include properties used as temporary, supported or specified accommodation, hostels or shared ownership), and
- let these properties below market rent through a housing register
To see if you’re eligible for the Trusted Partner Scheme, email email@example.com with the following information:
- your organisation name
- your Creditor Reference Number (CRN)
- a contact name
- your preferred contact email address
- your landline telephone number, if available
- your mobile telephone number, if available
Once you have submitted this information, you’ll be contacted by the Universal Credit Landlord Portal Account Manager Team.
Changes to the Landlord Portal
DWP are continually improving the Landlord Portal. Notifications about changes to the service will be published here.
Click on the links below to access detailed guidance about the Landlord Portal.
User access and control guidance – how to manage who has access to the portal within your organisation
Housing queries routeway – where to go for help
Registered Landlord Portal users – a list of all landlords registered on the Landlord Portal