4. Landlord Portal
What is the Landlord Portal?
The Universal Credit Landlord Portal allows social rented sector landlords to verify rent and submit managed payment requests online, rather than by email.
Through it, social rented sector landlords can:
- verify tenants’ housing costs
- request a Managed Payment to Landlord (MPTL)
- request a deduction for rent arrears
- request a more frequent payment to tenants
- view Alternative Payment Arrangement (APA) payments made to them
- amend tenancy reference numbers
- manage their Landlord Portal users’ access
- manage and upload their property list
Who can use the Landlord Portal?
The Landlord Portal is currently only available for tenants making a new Universal Credit claim, or existing claims when a tenant has a change of circumstances that requires a rent verification. It is not available for private rented sector landlords.
To use the Landlord Portal you must have all of the following:
- Housing stock that is let via a local authority housing register or allocation process which is based upon greatest need
- Housing stock that is let at a rent below market rate through a housing register
- General needs properties as part of your housing stock (this does not include properties used as temporary, supported or specified accommodation, hostels or shared ownership).
DWP cannot accept new requests to enrol onto the Landlord Portal and Trusted Partner Scheme at the moment. If you are already enrolled, you can continue to access the portal as usual.
Changes to the Landlord Portal
DWP are continually improving the Landlord Portal. Notifications about changes to the service will be published here.
Click on the links below to access detailed guidance about the Landlord Portal.
Self help guide – common questions and answers about using the Landlord Portal
Annual Rent Changes Update for April 2021 – letter to all Universal Credit Landlord Portal users, 11 January 2021
Changes to support arrangements – letter to all Universal Credit Landlord Portal users, 30 November 2020
User access and control guidance – how to manage who has access to the portal within your organisation
Housing Queries Routeway – where to go for help
Registered Landlord Portal users – a list of all landlords registered on the Landlord Portal